Monday, December 28, 2009

A challenge...and thinking of you....



I have had the chance to make a card for the SWEET SKETCH WEDNESDAY challenge~this is a sketch challenge, which Heather from Fresh Brewed Designs is sponsoring this week!!! Hurry and enter~the prize is $20 from Heathers store!!!!! I have used papers from the DCWV " all about boys" stack. and placed a heart behind the snowman(my daughter Chelsie's idea). I thought it would make a cute Valentines Card.









This is another digi image by Heather from Fresh Brewed Designs. I wanted it to be bright a cheery-and I think I did accomplish that! I used some dp papers from a paper pad called Peppermint Forest. I figured since it is still winter and we got a ton of snow today that it would be great to use!
I am thinking of so many of you lately--I hope everything is going good for everyone, now that the rush of Christmas is over, and we can all hopefully get back to a little more relaxed schedules! Take care, and as always your comments mean so much--thank you for taking the time to stop by... I am thinking of maybe having a blog candy in a few weeks, in the meantime I might leave a hint or two of some of my favorite things, you may want to keep track of them!!???

9 comments:

Heather said...

Rhonda,

This card is darling! I love the bright colors and those gorgeous papers. This card cheered me up :). I have been thinking about you a lot too. I hope that you are all well and having a great holiday. I think that I am almost back in the swing of things. My decorations are up and life is getting back to normal. We do not really do anything for New Years, so I will be in full swing in a few days :)

Have a great night. I love ya!!!

mulberry station said...

Rhonda, your cards are adorable. I love the paper you have used. I especially like your daughters idea of putting the heart in the snowman. Sooo very cute!!! Thanks for joining us at SSW.

Rose Petal said...

Hello my friend. My word, you are in a very creative mode. These are of course fabulous. Lovely and colourful.
Have a nice day.
Love Sandra xx

Holly said...

oh I think the snowman is just adorable and the sentiment is perfect for it. I love the coffee cups card! The paper is very cherry indeed. I've got a candy up on my blog now if you feel like making a get well card!

Teri said...

Lovely take on the sketch this week.
Thanks for joining in at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Hugs,
Teri x

Donna said...

A really beautiful card with all the elements so brilliantly co-ordinated! Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Sktch Wednesday :) Donna x

Heather said...

So I was goo quick huh? ;) I am so glad you wrote me to let me know you had made another. I LOVE this snowman card:)!!! TOO Cute!!! Tell your daughter I LOVE the heart idea! I had a friend say they were going to cut out the middle and add a charm heart. I never thought of it as a Valentine ... but I think that is a wonderful idea!!! It is coldest here that time of year. I will have to put on my thinking cap :). I also love that paper. Wonderful colors and glad you got to play with the Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

Hugs

sweetbloominscraps said...

Your snowman card is so cute. I love how you added the heart. Thanks for playing at SSW!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i just love those coffee cups! and the embossing on the snowman! super, super!

hugs,