Thursday, February 24, 2011

MY FIRST TIME...using vinyl-that is

Hi ALL!! I am so excited that Serenity Scrappers had a new challenge--it has helped me got out the vinyl that I have had for a long time now, and never tried out!! AND I LOVE IT! It is so easy--I started out with a project that was really small--but believe me - my next one will be a little bigger! ( I have plans....)!!
Well, this is what my project looked like when I began--just an old frame, not even sure if this was a marker board/dry erase board or what...something one of my daughters left behind when they moved out.

This is what it looks like after covering it with some papers and embellishments from Heidi Grace--making the bumblee bee with my Paisley cart and cutting the vinyl wording out with Mickey Font. I also painted the edges with an Acrylic Paint Dabber, and used my SU punch for the border.

Well, what do you think of my first try with vinyl? I kinda like it--and asked hubby to figure out a way to hang it on my craft room door.

10 comments:

Besthobbyeva said...

Rhonda, this came out awesome! What a great idea!! I just love it!

Thanks for joining the challenge. I am so glad you pulled out the vinyl. I too was afraid to use mine, but was so surprised with how easy it was to use!!

Laurie

Anonymous said...

WOW! Rhonda, this is very cool!! What an awesome idea you've got here!! TFS!! HUGS

Holly Young said...

had to chuckle at the title of your post Rhonda. Love your little frame - it will look so cute hanging on your craft room door!

Monica said...

Wow Rhonda great job! TFS, I'd love it if you'd visit me at:http://monicalott.blogspot.com/

Marlene said...

I saw this on the other blog - and I LOVE it!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Looks great! Super fun elements!

Renee said...

Rhonda are you kidding me?? This is sooo stinkin adorable! I love it!! What a cool idea. hugz n blessings.

tt.scraps said...

Love it!! It looks perfect! :)

MiamiKel said...

I likey! Rhonda, this is over the top cute!!

Lisa aka yarnchik said...

Very cute, Rhonda!!! I arrived here via the FBD hop...hope I'm in the right place.