Monday, April 1, 2013

Squigglefly Challenge #13-Lovely Liquids

Hi! Hope you all had a wonderful EASTER! We didn't do much--but that was fine with me!
This weeks challenge over at the Squigglefly Challegne Blog is Lovely Liquids--- make a card that uses liquid in some way - could be using an image that has water, using liquid alcohol inks for your backgrounds, or liquid crystal lacquer...stop on over and check out the inspiration brought to you by Rhonda's Rowdy Rascals this week!
So, I have used 2 of Squigglefly's new images (sneek peeks) by Cheryl Alger called Quiet Moments Boat and Quiet Moments Inner Tube-they come in a set with another image, and a sentiment. There will be a new release coming out next Saturday--so make sure to go check them all out!!
I used Stickles on my water to make it shiny--I cut out the innertube and placed it around my sentiment and added a little bit of twine. I also added a few Skittles to my card-which can be found HERE.
Thanks for stopping by!
Rhonda



10 comments:

Stef H said...

this is wonderful and i'm glad it's a summery card. i'm so sick of winter - LOL.

love how u used the life saver.

glad your easter was good.

hugs :)

Diane said...

Love your summery card...reminds me of Lake Huron :>)
Glad you had a nice and quiet Easter...ours was uneventful, too!! This would make a great card for my hubbys birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Hello my friend!! :) WOW!! I love the "water" effects you have on your card and what a great image! I am ready for Spring to be here for sure!! I have missed being around so much too! :) Thanks so much for stopping by!! BIGGEST HUGS

Kathy Bradley said...

Rhonda,
Your card is so cute and the image is adorable - and it makes me want to get our boat out NOW! Just not warm enough yet - but I'm keeping my fingers crossed warm weather is coming soon!

nwilliams6 said...

What a great boat image! Love how you did the water. This is super fun! Great card! Hugz.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great card! Nice boat image! Carri~Abusybee

Charlene Mitchell said...

Great challenge Rhonda! Love the idea of the buoy around the sentiment and the twine is the perfect touch! Fun card and great inspiration by your team!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love, love the fresh and bright colors - makes you ready for summer today.

wannabcre8tive said...

Rhonda, this is so sweet, I love that colorful sailboat.
Great job on the water.

Holly Young said...

So adorable! I love the way you used the inner tube with the twine to frame your sentiment.