Tuesday, April 28, 2009

dare you to digi stamp challenge card


Hello! the card I have to show you today I tried a new technique for me,(crystal effects-guess I really should have used a paintbrush like the directions said instead of trying to improvise with a q-tip!) and as you can see I need more practise -but thought I would show it anyways. I made this card for the dare u 2 digi stamp challenge (found here)which this week is -"things with wings". So, I have used my little duckie,as he has wings! You can find this adorable little guy over at Squigglefly (found here)he is called "Rainy day duckling-Jacob"
*****DONT FORGET*****

One a day in may starts May 1rst which is only a couple more days!!! SQUIGGLEFLY has a new deal going where you can preorder the May images (yes-ONE A DAY -NEW IMAGES!!!!) now for only $30!!! that is less than .99 cents a piece!!!
**PLUS ***to make it even sweeter HOLLY (found here) and STEF (found here) have made the deal even sweeter by both of them adding a chance of winning some super extra prizes -just for telling them you purchased the one a day in may-so go on...purchase the deal and then get over to Holly's and Stef's and let them know!!
****edited to add-**** oh guys, I did use rain dots too-I used the crystal effects on his boots and jacket-and then stickles on top, and as you see-I smudged the stickles too(not purposely-forgot they wouldn't be dry yet and turned the card upside down on the table-yi-yi-yi!!!

15 comments:

Emma said...

Fantastic card Rhona...love the crystal effect and your colouring of ducky.
Emma x

Sandra said...

Ahhh what a sweet song... don't mind that one going round and round in my head.
Great card, the crystal effect looks fab. Thanks for joining us with this weeks 'Dare'
Hugs
Sandra xx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Fabulous card Rhonda and love the cystal effects, I'll have to try this soon as it's something I have never used, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Sandra said...

Hi...beautiful card,love the cute image you have used,great take on our theme this week,thanks for joining us at DU2DS,
Take care
San x

Holly Young said...

Rhonda I don't know what you're talking about needing more practice with the crystal effects. I think the crystal effects are perfect! So perfect that I'd swear you had bought some little tear shaped rain dots! I also like the stickles on the rain gear!

Debby said...

I think you did great it's adorable!!! and you are such a sweetie all the time. You make me smile big time :-)

Debby said...

Exactly what Holly said.

Ellibelle said...

so cute! I love that image.

Larissa said...

How sweet! I really like that cute little duckie!
Thanks for joining us at DU2DS!
Hugs,
Larissa

Heather "Hev" said...

Very cute ducky :)

I am sure we have all improvised with some sort of direction on a product and I think it looks great!!

Sorry havent been about much - busy as usual.

Thank you for adding our challenge blog's badge to your sidebar - much appreciated :)

Hugs Heather

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Fab card - what a sweet image! Thanks for joinin us at DU2DS this week!

Anonymous said...

AWWW!! Rhonda, this is so so sweet!! Love the image, but your coloring and fun details just make it come to life!! Gorgeous!! :)

Chris said...

A very cute image, and I love the bright colurs and crystal effects technique you tried. Glad you could join us at DU2DS this week. Chris x

Renee said...

Very cute!! I love the red....fantastic job!

Greg B said...

Hi Rhonda,
I have just come over to visit you and thank you for following theIncy Wincy Design Challenge Blog I personally very much appreciate it and I hope to see you for the first competition on the 11th of May.
Thanks Greg B
Whistling Crafter http://www.whistlingcrafter.blogspot.com/